This post is for my fellow blondes, also you’ll find healthy hair tips for any hair color. Although I’m naturally dark blonde, I’ve been coloring my hair to be blonder since high school! I just wanted to share a few blonde hair care tips I’ve learned along the way – including my favorite shampoo and hair mask.
- Use the right shampoo. My secret is that Im switching the Kerastase Bain Force Architecte and It’s a 10 Silk Express Miracle shampoo.I use both the shampoo and the hair treatment. Why do I use two different type of products? Kerastase is amazing product line for damaged hair like mine with a lot of chrome and protein in it. Human hair is a tough fibrous protein consisting primarily of keratin. Protein makes our strands strong, enabling them to grow long and be healthy. Some people believe adding extra protein to hair in the form of treatments will make it even stronger. Unfortunately,adding too much protein to hair can actually cause more harm than good.Products heavily infused with soy protein, silk amino acids, wheat protein and keratin add protein to your tresses, whether you’re aware of it or not. The more protein you apply, the more risk you could be overdosing. So this is exactly why I also use Silk line, that delivers youthful shine, enhances manageability, improves elasticity & reduces breakage, restores vibrancy, protects hair color & creates lustrous shine.
- Wash less. Less showers = less damage. It’s as simple as that. Make dry shampoo your friend instead. Dry shampoo is especially great for light hair since it lightens up dark roots. I’ve tried many, many dry shampoos and my favorite one that I think are worth every penny – Kerastase Powder Bluff. Less showers are also good for the environment and an easy way to do your part.
- Sun Protection :: Oh man, sun is hard on your hair. If you’re going to be in the sun, use a UV protection spray. You’ll look stylish in a sunhat that has built in UV protection!
- Never skip the hair mask at least twice a week and for dry ends use oil mask. My last obsession is Australian product “Hello Hair” that uses 100% natural and vegan ingredients to create a mask that restores dry and damaged hair to its original glory. I had a lot of chemicals in my hair for the majority of my life — I had my hair chemically straightened, I dyed it several different colors. Easy to say, my hair was not the healthiest. Before moving to US, though, I decided to cut it all off so it could grow back beautiful, curly, and in healthy condition. I have been almost maniacal trying to find the best products to make sure my hair would grow back as planned. When I came across Hello Hair on Instagram (I’ve been finding several gems over there recently), I definitely wanted to give it a try and the results didn’t disappoint me at all! I would recommend to use it once a week for at least an hour long.
The original mask is composed of six natural oils: coconut oil, almond oil, argan oil, castor oil, olive oil, and olive leaf extract. I confess that I am obsessed with anything coconut; really, it is almost sad. So, I was more than happy when I saw that Hello Hair uses 100% virgin organic coconut oil. I did a little research on what effect each ingredient has on hair, and this is what I found:
- Coconut oil prevents breakage and split ends, and it also hydrates and nourishes the hair.
Almond oil is rich in vitamins and minerals. It adds shine and strength to the hair. It aids in hair growth and prevents hair loss and greying due to its abundance of protein and vitamin E.
- Argan oil, which I have heard loads about even before looking into these ingredients thoroughly, is packed with vitamin E and natural anti-oxidants that helps hydrate the hair.
- Castor oil is a great source of Omega-9 fatty acids. It is great for the roots of your hair and your scalp and prevents drying of the hair.
- Olive oil improves the overall health of your hair and scalp, and smooths over split ends and hair cuticles, reduces static and controls dandruff.
- Olive leaf extract is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals, which give your hair strength and shine as well as hydrates it. Olive leaf extract is also a powerful anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
Price: Hello Hair Hydrating Mask — AU$15
Shipping Price: FREE within Australia
The best investment you can make is investing in your health and beauty!